Note: Our photographs are currently available for personal (non-commercial) use only. Our commercial offering will be coming soon.
The following terms apply to the licensing and usage of any purchased photograph from kariwiseman.com, and are applicable to both printed and digital formats. Non-Commercial License refers to personal use. Commercial License refers to commercial/business use.
1. Background of Agreement
(a) By purchasing prints or downloading content from this site, you accept this Agreement, and agree to be bound by its provisions. If you do not accept or agree with these terms, do not purchase prints or download the Content. Pretty Simple.
(b) In this Agreement: (i) “you” or the “Client” means you ( the person downloading the content, (ii) “kariwiseman.com” or “we” means kariwiseman.com, operator of the Site; and (iii) “Content” means any photographic image or any digital media or other material that you are downloading from the Site.
2. Downloading and Purchasing Terms
Upon purchase, we hereby grant you permission to use the Content for the Permitted Uses only (as defined below). Unless the activity or use is a Permitted Use, you cannot do it. All rights in and to the Content, including, without limitation, all copyright and other intellectual property rights relating to the Content, are retained by kariwiseman.com
3. Permitted Uses
You may use the content for personal use (both printed and digital) as long as you are not violating any of the prohibitions listed below. For example: screensaver, desktop background, framed art, or school project.
4. Non-Commercial License Prohibitions
(a) Prohibited Uses. You may not do anything with the purchased Content that is not expressly permitted in the preceding section. For greater certainty, the following are “Prohibited Uses” and you may not:
- use the Content in design template applications intended for resale, whether online or not, including, without limitation, website templates, Flash templates, business card templates, electronic greeting card templates, and brochure design templates;
- Advertising and promotional projects, including printed materials, product packaging, presentations, film and video presentations, broadcast and theatrical presentations, commercials, catalogues, brochures, promotional greeting cards and promotional postcards (ie. not for resale or license);
- online or electronic publications;
- use or display the Content on websites or other venues designed to induce or involving the sale, license or other distribution of “on demand” products, including postcards, mugs, t-shirts, posters and other items (this includes custom designed websites);
- use the Content in entertainment applications, such as books and book covers, magazines, newspapers, editorials and newsletters;
- use the Content in any posters (printed on paper, canvas or any other media) or other items for resale, license or other distribution for profit;
- use any of the Content as part of a trade-mark, design-mark, trade-name, business name, service mark, or logo;
- incorporate the Content in any product that results in a re-distribution or re-use of the Content (such as electronic greeting card web sites, web templates and the like) or is otherwise made available in a manner such that a person can extract or access or reproduce the Content as an electronic file;
- use the Content in a fashion that is considered by kariwiseman.com (acting reasonably) as or under applicable law is considered obscene, immoral, infringing, defamatory or libellous in nature, or that would be reasonably likely to bring any person or property reflected in the Content into disrepute;
- remove any notice of copyright, trade-mark or other proprietary right from any place where it is on or embedded in the Content;
- sub-license, re-sell, rent, lend, assign, gift or otherwise transfer or distribute the Content or the rights granted under this Agreement;
- install and use the Content in more than one location at a time or post a copy of the Content on a network server or web server for use by other users;
- use or display the Content in an electronic format that enables it to be downloaded or distributed via mobile devices or shared in any peer-to-peer or similar file sharing arrangement;
- use Content identified as “Editorial Use Only”, for any commercial, promotional, endorsement, advertising or merchandising use. For clarification, in this Agreement “Editorial Use Only” of Content means use relating to events that are newsworthy or of general interest and expressly excludes any advertorial sections (i.e. sections or supplements featuring brand and/or product names or sections or supplements in relation to which you receive a fee from a third-party advertiser or sponsor);
- either individually or in combination with others, reproduce the Content, or an element of the Content, in which event you shall be required to pay a royalty fee of kariwiseman.com reasonable discretion for each and every reproduction.
- If the Content is reproduced on a social media platform or other third party website, (i) the rights granted herein shall automatically be revoked in the event that the platform website seeks to exploit purported rights to the Content contrary to the terms of this Agreement, and (ii) in such event, upon kariwiseman.com’s Photo’s request, you shall remove any Content from such platform or website.
Commercial license information coming soon…